If advantages of nuclear energy are understood by people then everybody will start using nuclear energy rather than the other types of energy that they use in their day-to-day life. Nuclear energy is produced by splitting uranium atoms and the energy produced by few uranium atoms is very efficient that it can be used not only to produce energy but also in other sectors like medicine for example.
We all should understand the importance of energy that we use. A simple example about the energy that we use is electricity; electricity has become a scarce resource and hence, many countries have started promoting various ways of electricity production by way of giving incentives to people who produce their own electricity.
Advantages of nuclear energy
There are various sources of energy so why should one use nuclear energy over the other energy; it’s because of the advantages of nuclear energy over other available energy resources. The advantages of nuclear energy are as follows:
- It is clean – One of the most important advantages of nuclear energy is that it is clean. Nuclear energy is also termed as “emission free energy”. Bio-fuels is considered to be one of the safest source of energy but one of the major problems with this energy is the emission that happens while using it but that is not the case with nuclear energy. Nuclear energy doesn’t emit gases like carbon dioxide or nitrogen.
- You can reuse water – Apart from the advantages being the only energy that is environmentally safe, the water that is used in nuclear energy plants is free from radiation and hence, the water can be discharged into water resources.
- Reliability – One of the biggest advantages is the reliability because like other energy plants, the nuclear plants need not be shut down due to problems like weather or increase in the cost of fuel. The nuclear plants can work for 500-700 days before they are shut down for the purpose of refueling.
- Reduces dependency of fossil fuels – With the help of nuclear energy, the dependency on other resources like oil and gas can be reduced. The amount of energy, which is produced by using one ton of uranium is probably comparable with the energy produced by burning several million tons of coal.
Advantages of nuclear energy in various fields
Nuclear energy has touched many fields and hence, the advantages of nuclear energy are being utilized in many domains for us and in our lives. Few of the advantages of nuclear energy are as follows:
- Advantages of nuclear energy can be found in the field of modern medicine. Radiation therapy is widely used for treating cancer patients.
- Food processing industry is also a field of action for nuclear energy. Food industry today is giving a lot of importance to the quality of food and if nuclear energy is passed through the food then, harmful germs can be killed and the food becomes fit for the purpose of consumption.
There are many advantages of nuclear energy and these advantages have touched almost all the industries in our life. I am almost positive that nuclear energy has earned a place in our future but at the moment there are still some disadvantages which for sure will be fixed soon enough.
- How About Recycling?
- In Depth Advantages Of Nuclear Energy
- What is Nuclear Waste?
- What is Nuclear Energy?
- Disadvantages of Nuclear Energy