At the present scenario, we have to necessarily explore the advantages of nuclear energy. This is essential because with increasing prices of our renewable resources and the limited sources for generation of inevitable energy there is definitely a need to search for an environment friendly and clean source of energy.
The nuclear energy is undoubtedly an ultimate answer to our society since it is enriched with several benefits. This energy is released from an atom’s nucleus, for example from an element such as uranium. This efficient process of nuclear reaction takes place in the power plants that are enclosed. In this reaction, an energy mammoth is released effectively when two nuclei of atom availed from a very heavy single nucleus powerfully splits into two nuclei that are smaller in size. In other words, optimal advantages of nuclear energy are that an atom is efficiently converted into a massive energy mass.
Exploring all about advantages of nuclear energy
Inevitably, a nuclear energy was primarily derived for the generation of power. However, today the many advantages are widely explored.
If I think about the advantages I can pretty much start with the fact that a nuclear energy generates an energy which is million times higher than the energy derived from wind or a hydro.
Today, it is believed that nearly twelve to eighteen percent of the energy of globe is delivered through the nuclear energy. This energy is unbelievably environment friendly. This really means that it does not lead to emission of harmful gases from green houses such as methane, carbon dioxide, chlorofluorocarbon and ozone which were a high misconception then. These gases are the significant factors for the warming of the globe and can lead to drastic change in the climate. However, one of the greatest advantages is that while producing a nuclear energy there is no real damaged caused to our green and clean environment.
Revealing highest advantages of nuclear energy
One of the most important advantages is that it utilizes uranium in its production. This is an optimal advantage since our earth is enriched with highest resource of uranium which is believed to last for another 100 years and can greatly help us to produce energy for much lengthier hauls.
The other viable advantages are that this kind of energy does not emit carbon dioxide thus it makes our environment free from any kind of poisonous gas.
Besides all of the above, we can generate the maximal amount of energy from a single power plant thus making it very inexpensive kind of energy. Moreover, a nuclear energy is grandly compact and at the same time it is very easy to be transported. It even helps us to reduce our dependency on carbon dioxide emitting fossil fuels.
Minute uranium can provide us massive energy amounts while fossil fuels such as coal or oil are depleting with provision of lesser energy. Presently, the nuclear energy is effectively utilized in medicine as radiotherapy for treating cancer cells. I can’t stress enough, when it comes to the many invaluable advantages of nuclear energy which are explored day by day leading to amazing inventions worldwide.
If advantages of nuclear energy are understood by people then everybody will start using nuclear energy rather than the other types of energy that they use in their day-to-day life. Nuclear energy is produced by splitting uranium atoms and the energy produced by few uranium atoms is very efficient that it can be used not only to produce energy but also in other sectors like medicine for example.
We all should understand the importance of energy that we use. A simple example about the energy that we use is electricity; electricity has become a scarce resource and hence, many countries have started promoting various ways of electricity production by way of giving incentives to people who produce their own electricity.
Advantages of nuclear energy
There are various sources of energy so why should one use nuclear energy over the other energy; it’s because of the advantages of nuclear energy over other available energy resources. The advantages of nuclear energy are as follows:
- It is clean – One of the most important advantages of nuclear energy is that it is clean. Nuclear energy is also termed as “emission free energy”. Bio-fuels is considered to be one of the safest source of energy but one of the major problems with this energy is the emission that happens while using it but that is not the case with nuclear energy. Nuclear energy doesn’t emit gases like carbon dioxide or nitrogen.
- You can reuse water – Apart from the advantages being the only energy that is environmentally safe, the water that is used in nuclear energy plants is free from radiation and hence, the water can be discharged into water resources.
- Reliability – One of the biggest advantages is the reliability because like other energy plants, the nuclear plants need not be shut down due to problems like weather or increase in the cost of fuel. The nuclear plants can work for 500-700 days before they are shut down for the purpose of refueling.
- Reduces dependency of fossil fuels – With the help of nuclear energy, the dependency on other resources like oil and gas can be reduced. The amount of energy, which is produced by using one ton of uranium is probably comparable with the energy produced by burning several million tons of coal.
Advantages of nuclear energy in various fields
Nuclear energy has touched many fields and hence, the advantages of nuclear energy are being utilized in many domains for us and in our lives. Few of the advantages of nuclear energy are as follows:
- Advantages of nuclear energy can be found in the field of modern medicine. Radiation therapy is widely used for treating cancer patients.
- Food processing industry is also a field of action for nuclear energy. Food industry today is giving a lot of importance to the quality of food and if nuclear energy is passed through the food then, harmful germs can be killed and the food becomes fit for the purpose of consumption.
There are many advantages of nuclear energy and these advantages have touched almost all the industries in our life. I am almost positive that nuclear energy has earned a place in our future but at the moment there are still some disadvantages which for sure will be fixed soon enough.
- How About Recycling?
- In Depth Advantages Of Nuclear Energy
- What is Nuclear Waste?
- What is Nuclear Energy?
- Disadvantages of Nuclear Energy